Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Parents and Commuting…the struggle




Commuting is not an easy thing. It puts a burden on you and how you can spend your time wisely. It can also affect your family. There can be some commuters out there who may have families who stress about you coming home and not staying in Chico too long. Maybe not all students who commute have parents like these, but I know I did. My parents would worry too much if I was going to come home or stay in Chico for the day. Sometimes I had to stay in Chico to get some extra studying in or go to group meetings. Having them stress would stress me out and make me leave and never really attend my study sessions or group meetings because I always tried to make my family happy. 

Sometimes you have to realize that your education is more important then always giving your parents what they want. Family is a huge part of our lives and they are the people in our lives who will always be there for us, but we have to realize that school comes first at times. Students who commute know that it is a hassle to get up and drive to school everyday. Sometimes you just want to leave school for the day and relax, but no, we have to drive home for about 30 minutes or more. 

One solution would be moving to Chico, but again there can be some parents who aren't very fond of the idea. Again, we have to do what is best for us and our education. We can get a lot more done if we just lived in Chico. We are able to take more classes and dedicate more time to our studies. Sure some people may not have trouble commuting and finding the time to study, but for some people it can be hard. I am not going to say move out! What I am trying to say is, find ways to make your life a lot easier. Sometimes we have to put our foot down and do what’s best for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment