Friday, May 16, 2014

Closing Thoughts as an Undergrad




Wow where has the time gone!

It seems like only yesterday I was watching my mom and grandma pull away after dropping me off at the dorms, my stomach slowly sinking as the feeling of impending doom crept upon me. I hated change and loved home, so living four hours away at college was one of the scariest things I had ever done. I felt that there was no way I was going to fit in here, no way I was going to find friend as great as the ones I had left at home, and no way I was going to succeed. Boy was I wrong.

Graduating in 3 years was something I used to just tell people I was going to do because that’s what my program entitled me to do. But low and behold, here I am a soon to be (sane) college graduate entering the credential program, who has had just about the best three years I could ever ask for. I would definitely have to attribute a heavy bulk of that to the Liberal Studies program and the ITEC program, for allowing me such amazing opportunities both in school and in the community. If anything, these past three years have reaffirmed that I am in the exact right major/career path for me.


This past year as a Peer Advisor in Liberal Studies has blessed me with many amazing opportunities to branch out and connect with other in my major. It also allowed me to meet other majors throughout the school and see what they have to offer, as well as show what we’re all about. I have been able to see the extent to which our major really excels and helps set people up for their future. My pride in Liberal Studies has grown exponentially, and I’ve loved taking the time to spread the word to not only other majors, but administrators, incoming freshman, and high schoolers as well. When I look back on my time here as an undergrad, my memories from my year as a PALS will definitely stand out from all the rest. 

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment