Monday, December 7, 2015

Count Down to Finals!



I cannot believe it is already the end of the semester. Granted, we have a few weeks left but it is getting down to the final push of Fall 2015. I have been doing most of my blogs about stress and how to cope with obstacles that pop up throughout the semester. This is a weird time of the year where we are stressed about how much we have been stressed throughout the year and we “cannot” let it go waste. The truth is, all the stress and hard work always pays off. No matter how you end this semester, everything will be okay.

That is a pretty bold statement and believe me, I hate it when someone tells me that everything will be fine and I just need to “chill out”. The reason you are stressed and staying up late and consuming so much caffeine is because you are passionate about your schooling and progress. You are getting an education for YOU, no one else. However you are feeling, do not stop pushing. Sometimes it seems impossible to stay up that extra hour and really perfect that last paper, but you can do it. An hour is only 4% of your day. With that, remember, an hour is only 4% of your day. So, take a nap if you need it, go to lunch with a friend, or call your mom. Even though we are stressed and worried, it is no excuse to let ourselves slip. You cannot give everything you have to school, you must take care of yourself and remember to love yourself. After all, you are the one that got you here in the first place!

I have done some research and found a few easy, cheap things to do for an hour in Chico! This is only one hour of your day but it could make all of the difference. I am a sucker for the WREC, I love going with a friend and walking on the treadmill and chatting a little bit. There is also Honey Run Covered Bridge, if you haven’t gone, you should. It is beautiful and a really unique part of Chico. It is a little bit of a drive, but sometimes taking a drive is relaxing and can take your mind off of any extra stuff that you may be worried about. The Saturday Farmers Markets are always fun. You don’t need to buy anything or spend a lot of time there to have fun and meet come of the free spirited people of Chico. Hey they have free samples too!
Keep some fun ideas in the back of your mind just in case you find yourself ready for a brain break within the next few weeks.


All in all, everything WILL be okay in the end. You have made it this far! With that, thank you for reading my blogs for those of you who have taken the time to do so. This is the last blog I will write for Liberal Studies and I just wanted to thank you for everything. If you have come in to meet with me throughout the last few years I enjoyed talking to you! Have a great end to the semester and wonderful holidays spent with loved ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment