Monday, September 7, 2015

Meet the PALS: Fall 2015

Lidia and her dog


Hello, my name is Lidia Leal and I am a peer advisor in the Liberal Studies major and I would like to tell a little about myself.  First of all, I am a local student, which means that I commute to school Monday through Friday.  At times it seems a little tedious but it is also nice to have a home cooked meal almost every day of the week with my family.  I am interested in almost anything that has do with outdoors; something as simple as a walk through the orchard with my dogs or as scary as beekeeping. 


I am a junior and I am pursuing a major in Liberal Studies with a bilingual option.  In the future I would like to teach at a local elementary school between 1st or 2nd grade.  My preference would be 2nd grade because I was really inspired by my 2nd grade teacher. She was really understanding and thoughtful in meeting the needs of all her students.  I think that being a peer advisor has helped me become more understanding and thoughtful in order to meet the students’ needs.  Over the past year it has been a great experience to meet many other students and offer them some of my knowledge to help them do their absolute best here at Chico State.  I am really looking forward to meeting more Liberal Studies students and answer any questions or simply just to have a nice talk.  




Hello everyone my name is Erick Garcia and I am a Liberal Studies major with a bilingual option. I am passionate in what I plan to pursue one day and that is becoming a college counselor. It’s a little different compared to everyone else who wants to become a teacher, but different is good. I am the oldest of three brothers and the first to graduate college in my family. I am a very passionate person and love to help people in any way possible, which is why I joined PALS, to assist students in any way. It doesn’t matter if you need help picking classes, switching majors, or just to talk about your day. I love playing soccer and going to the Wrec. Friends and family are important to me because they‘re our support system and we all need a little support now and then. Well, hopefully I will see many of you who are reading this in Tehama 211.  Remember that we are here to help you.  
.



Hi there, my name is Krista Freeze. I am a senior here at the university. I am really excited to start blogging and sharing my research and experience with all of you! First, I’d like to tell you a bit about myself. I am a second year peer advisor, and the new TTEC peer advisor. I am in a sorority on campus known as Gamma Phi Beta. I love photography and I also spend a lot of time at the gym. I work in two departments at In Motion Fitness off East 1st Street as a lifeguard and at the daycare. I absolutely love children and working with them. I have been lifeguarding for seven years now along with teaching swim lessons.

I think it is so fun to watch children learn and grow and being a part of that process as a Liberal Studies major makes me very happy. I am also minoring in Special Education and plan to go into the Concurrent Credential program in fall of 2016 here as well.

I am really excited to start blogging! I have never done it before and I look forward to sharing my findings with all of you. My email is kfreeze1@mail.csuchico.edu if anyone would like to contact me! I have office hours in the Liberal Studies office as well. I have attached a simple picture of my brother and myself so you can get a feel for who I am! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment