Is it difficult for you to save money throughout the semester? I know that for me making sure I will have enough money for the whole semester is difficult especially with back to school shopping. I usually get a little carried away and purchase things I do not need and buying textbooks for classes can also get expensive. We cannot leave out the eating out with our friends on special occasions. There are simple little tricks that have worked for me to save money that I would like to share with you. Cutting out simple things here and there adds up and before you know it, you have saved more money than you thought.
- Don’t get carried away with back to school shopping! As hard as it may seem, only buy what you actually need and reuse utensils from other semesters. Some easy things to reuse are backpacks, binders, pencils, and pens
- Borrow books from friends or purchase a used copy of the textbook chances are that someone you know may have a copy of the book you need and are willing to let you borrow it.
- Pack your lunch. If you know that you do not have time to go home and eat, it is very simple to pack your lunch instead of buying something overpriced on campus.
- Walk to school, bike, or use public transportation limiting your car use will help you save gas money as well as money used to park your vehicle.
- Find out when restaurants have student specials and plan a night out with your friends on that day.
- Don’t spend money on unnecessary items. Cutting out cable may save you some money and give you more time to focus on schoolwork.