Monday, September 21, 2015

Making Stress Your Friend by Krista



Hey all! I hope everyone reading has had a great week and are managing well! For this blog, I really want to pay attention to stress. As the semester continues it is so easy to get engulfed in stress that you feel yourself struggling- or almost drowning in some cases. And guess what, I totally get it! I watched this awesome Ted Talk the other evening that has to do with stress and I thought I would share it with all of you! I found it really motivational and it helped me create a new foundation for thinking about stress and how it affects my life. The Ted Talk itself is called “How To MakeStress Your Friend”  ,but here is the link  

I know what you may be thinking though - why would I listen to this? Well, the magic is, when you are sitting there stressed and panicking but somehow end up on my blog, give it a try to kill time and hopefully relax a little bit!

Make sure that you are also taking time for yourself. It is necessary to provide yourself with many options throughout your day/week. I find it helpful to spread out dedications and availability because it allows me to dedicate specific time to “sanity."  Personally, if I don’t set aside this time, there is pretty much a zero chance that I will take the time for leisurely activities on my own. I sometimes find myself panicking and driving myself into the ground, so by taking the time out of my schedule for myself, it allows me that extra flexibility that I don’t even realize I needed!


There are many ways to do this, which I will be touching on throughout the semester! Keep checking in to read about athletic opportunities, current situations in my life, social opportunities, and assistance (both on and off campus). 

No comments:

Post a Comment