Do you ever get bored over the weekend or during the long summer break here in Chico? If you do, this will be perfect for you. I have compiled a list of possible things to do if you ever have free time. Most of these activities cost little to no money, so it will not hurt your wallet. This can be a fun adventure with your friends or a time for you to spend alone and relax.
1. Visit Bidwell Park.
- If you like swimming, you should visit sycamore pool located at the one mile recreation area.
- You can also visit the Chico Community Observatory. This observatory has many telescopes and offers constellation tours.
- DiscGolf: There is an 18 – hole advanced disc golf course located on Upper Bidwell Park
- Hiking/Mountain biking: Yahi Trail (pedestrian only) in Upper Park is a recommended because it has miles of scenic views along Big Chico Creek.
2. Gateway Science Museum: The museum was built to help educate about northeastern Californian history, nature and science.
3. Go explore Lake Shasta Caverns.
- Learn about the history and formation of the caves and spot various animals along the way.
4. Get a tour at Sierra Nevada BrewingCompany.
- This tour is about 1 ½ hours long and it goes over the process to make the beer. (all ages may tour)
5. Visit Silver Dollar Speedway.
- The final race of the year is Pacific Sprint 360 Fall Nationals. Racers from Western United States and Canada come together for this race. This is a 3 day event with up to 100 total racers.