Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy New Era

Hi everyone, Pam here, one of your professional advisors.  I just wanted to take time as many of you head out of town for the winter break, to close out the semester.

This has been one of the most intense semesters in my years working at Chico State.  We have weathered a lot of adversity and are now teetering on the edge of the so-called Fiscal Cliff.  There has been a lot of upheaval in the world these past few years.  Oh, and don't forget about the mythical apocalypse. 

I have studied the Maya extensively and lived in Yucatan.  They are among the wisest, warmest and gentlest people I have ever met.  I've visited ancient ruins which are off the beaten path where few non-locals go and there's something mystical and magical about them. The Maya Prophecy foretold that the 13th B'ak'tun would be a time of discovery, but also of unrest and it began around 1600 when the Spanish Conquest was in full swing.  I'd say that they were pretty accurate about that.   According to the sacred Maya texts, the 14th B'ak'tun will be the era of knowledge, reconciliation, peace and opportunity. Let us hope that this projection turns out to be accurate as well. We could use a little of all of that. 

As I write this post, this medley played on Pandora.  I love it's positive messages. Here's to a joyful holiday season, restful winter break and a B'ak'tun filled with "knowledge, reconciliation, peace and opportunity." 



No comments:

Post a Comment